Thursday, July 9, 2009

Timeless Ordinary

Busy eh? More likely I've been lazy! So lazy till I zzz all the more often - I have been doing TOO MUCH of it! LOL It must be the weather in Melbourne or something. Like serious zzz-ing okay?!!! I get on the bed I zzz, I spend some time on the computer and I zzz off the table, I get in the car and in about few minutes I can zzz off too! Wtf.
Anyway... yesterday DK took me to this tourist spot; Sovereign Hill at Ballarat, which was about 2 hours journey from Camberwell. It's a unique place for visit. Why unique? Cos this is the place where it was once known for its gold mines and you get to relive and experience the past yourself - Gold mines aside, people there were even interestingly dressed, as if they were still in the 1800s! So colonial feeling.

We joined a 45mins underground tour which was to me, the hilite of the day! It exposed us to how men in those days worked their butt off so hard and risked their health/life underground for the sake of finding gold for their fortune-seeking employer! Quite pitiful when I try to imagine myself in their state of life. Something so completely different and bizarre to what my life is. When things a little slack in life we start complaining, but these men just didn't have that priviledge to, especially not during that time where they probably have so many mouths to feed in their family. And their pay was if I'm not mistaken, like a pound. An hour/day is alrite I guess cos a pound equates to AUS$500 today but if its a month....omg.....it's hard life you know.

The church at the hills.


People going about doin' daily chores in their 'home'.

They even have school for their kids too -this is how the classroom looks like.

Need your meat supplies? Mana butcher ah?

Town police.

At the reception for the underground tour
At the cafeteria.
The 'villagers'

Some talented people in the town .


Theatre on the street
Some high-ranked 'officer'
Herbs-selling lady.
The town
(very back in time, but slacked a little thanks to tourist like us, all-dorned in modern wear, lol)

At the bakery
A town-girl selling pastries by the corridor of a shop


The soldiers in march.

No comments:

Post a Comment