Monday, September 28, 2009

55 and counting...

Dear Daddy,

Happy birthday. I think you had one of THE best birthday this year eh?:)

Well, remember when you told me once how much you loved having all of us in one place gathering for birthdays, especially if it was yours? Yes, we did it this time - your wife, son, daughters, nephew, niece, your most beloved sister in-law and even her mum-in-law along with your childrens' gf/bf ---we ALL gathered together for you! And obviously, that was the best present you can ask for, and granted we did. We saw how happy you were, at least for today, on your birthday....after months of feeling down and lousy over your condition, Daddy.


You are 55 now. For most Dads, they should be still able to move about on their own business. But here you are, helpless. Yes, we fuss and sometimes fight over who should be the one looking after you! It's just that sometimes the situations we are in just make us all feel we are going through a tough time with you. I'm sure you get hurt (and I saw you cried before too) watching it happening (thinking as if we love you no more) but Daddy despite this fact, Daddy, please know that whatever it is, at the end of the day, we still and always will love you. I LOVE YOU. Something happens 'in the moment' that we need to 'let go' and that's about it. I guess.

You may not know it, but I learned alot of valuable life lessons from you. You taught me how to be kind and loving to others though we may not have all the riches in the world. You taught me that in life it's all about patience; and you will be rewarded after (although you said that I might not know what kind of reward awaits me.) As my Daddy, you always try to put me as your 'priority' - you always second yourself for me. Regardless of what people say about you, I wouldn't trade you for another 'daddy' in the world - to me, you're still my one and only Daddy.


So, Daddy, I hope you continue to have many more of your birthdays with us, your family, in the future. This birthday of yours is so special and important to me (albeit me being sick) because I probably won't be here celebrating with you next year. Although I may not be around you much next time as I will be away with my new life soon, you should know that I'm always gonna be with you in your heart. I will forever be your little 'fat girl' ; be it if we are near or apart.

Be well, Daddy. And again, happy birthday my 'BIG BABY' Daddy!!!:)

Luv,
Your Daughter - 'Fatty' Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment