Thursday, April 30, 2009

Roadside Mamak with HUGE Western Servings @ William's Corner Taman Megah

Because it was Aunt Melinda's birthday yesterday, Kent suggested to try something new. We went all the way to Taman Megah as Kent was bragging about this eatery serving great menus!

So we went and my of my was I surprised! I was so hungry before food was served, but when it finally arrived I almost fainted - my god HUGER-than-HUGE-kinda portion man! I'm usually a VERY big-eater but this time....God, help me finish my food,puh-leeze!LOL! The drinks also come in over-sized mugs!

Ribena Longan (mind you, the longans were almost used from half a can!) @ RM5

Allison's 'Chicken Premium' @ RM15 consisted all-variety chicken - 2 chicken sausages with minced chicken gravy on top, fried chicken , chicken with mint sauce , chicken salami , chicken ham, and in the middle is mashed potato with mushroom sauce!

Aunt Melinda's 'Chicken Chop' with Coleslaw, Mashed Potatoes, Salad and Brown Sauce @ RM15

Kent's 'Chicken Parmesan' with Parmesan (like duh!), Mashed Potatoes, Salad, and Pickles @ RM15

Tiffany's 'Fried Tomyam Rice with Soft-Shelled Crabs' @RM25

For those of you wanting to experience Western Mamak by the roadside, this can be your first! It is located at Taman Megah (close vicinity by the old Lim Kok Wing's Institute). You won't find it hard to spot the place because it is VERY visible for the noticing.

Ups: Reasonable pricing / Those with big 'tangki', this is your food-heaven / Really efficient service in terms of orders to arrive your table.

Downs: How would you fancy eating 'high-style' in the 'unhigh-class' ambience (tepi jalan/longkang/ruined-attap walkways/jalan yang berlopaks)? HEHE. Also,the generosity of food quantity in your plate can be 'just too much' that you might take about an extra 30-60 minutes extra to finish up.

My verdict: It's alrite.....I took about 1 hour 10 mins to habis my meal, that's a new record for myself as I'm always the one finishing up food served to me, in like a dash! I dunno if my 3x visit to the toilet yesterday in between my sleep was a result from having my dinner there anyway??? I'm feeling better now after putting on some minyak angin on my tummy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment